In 1959 Osprey, Florida was shaken by the murder of the Walker Family, just days before Christmas. The quadruple murder remains unsolved. Some investigators believe there’s a connection between the murder of the Walkers in Florida…and the Clutter Family Murder in Holcomb, Kansas.
Want more Southern Mysteries? Hear the Southern Mysteries show archive of 60+ episodes along with Patron exclusive podcast, Audacious: Tales of American Crime and more when you become a patron of the show. You can immediately access exclusive content now at patreon.com/southernmysteries
- Walker Murder Investigative Report from Florida Sherrif’s Bureau. Accessed June 1, 2023. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/525057/walker-2.pdf
- The suspects: A litany of names and clues. Herald-Tribune. Accessed June 8, 2023
- Years Later, Sarasota Murders Tied to ‘In Cold Blood’ Case. Accessed June 8, 2023.
- Unsolved Mysteries: The Walker Family Murders. Accessed June 8, 2023.
- Resurrecting the “Mummy murder’ case. Accessed June 8, 2023.
- Clutter Family Murders. Accessed. Accessed June 9, 2023.
- No DNA link between Walker murders, ‘In Cold Blood’ killers
- Walker investigation shows parts of ‘In Cold Blood’ don’t add up. Accessed June 9, 2023.
- Did the Clutter Murderers Kill Again? Accessed June 10, 2023.
Emotional Alone by Purple Planet Music. Licensed under Creative Commons; Theme Song “Dark & Troubled” by Pantherburn. Special thanks to Phillip St Ours for permission for use